I’m really posting this here mainly because i just realised that i never have. This video is a pitch from Renew Newcastle to local property owners that was released a few months ago. It does a great job of capturing the energy and vitality of what we’ve been doing there. On current count we are up to more than ninety projects launched in what were more than fifty otherwise empty properties in Newcastle in what will be four years next month. That’s 50 buildings in Newcastle no longer empty as the direct result of our actions.
As we edged towards our hundredth project and think about how to celebrate it, I just read this post from the weekend in 2009 when our first projects were moving into their first buildings again and shed a little tear. The Newcastle Herald recently caught up with some of those 2009 alumni as well.
As always, you can get in touch with me or Renew Australia if you are keen to try something similar in your own communities.
- Speaking in Toronto, Canada: 14th June (0.804)
- The Newcastle Scheme (0.776)
- Renew Newcastle on the blogs at Reuters, The Atlantic and the BBC (0.776)
- Brisbane Ideas Festival: New Operating Systems for Creativity (0.579)
- Creative revival in Europe (0.579)