This is the video of a recent talk i gave as part of TEDx Moreton Bay. It’s really a balloon floating exercise as part of a larger argument than i will be running a bit in the not too distant future: that we are witnessing something of a cyclical turn from places largely of consumption to places — at least partly — of creation. In the video i argue that this is actually a return to something of an historical norm — albeit driven by very different economic dynamics — as we witness the decline (but probably not the fall) of mass retail as the dominant logic by which design and create space.
- Can arcades fire? (or are old arcades the new laneways?) (0.682)
- How to fail and why it's important (Deakin University occasional address) (0.522)
- What's the big idea? Start with the small ones. (0.500)
- My name is a google ad! (0.500)
- Speaking of (or on or about) the #NBN ... Yep, i'm available. (0.500)