In my spare time I’ve been working with Arts NSW to try and turn the Renew Newcastle project into a template for other organisations and areas to follow. I’ve started by writing up a “how-to” guide based on the Renew Newcastle experience. It’s both a how-to and also a pretty good overview of the logic and thinking behind the Renew Newcastle scheme. You can download it here.
My hope is to grow it into something thorough that will encourage other groups to try and do the same in their parts of the world.
We’ve also managed to get the NSW Planning department to put together a guide to navigating the planning system for temporary projects. You can download that from here.
A third document of legal templates should be due in the not too distant future along with a much more comprehensive website. Let me know if you have any questions or there is anything that isn’t clear.
- "nothing short of outstanding" - Renew Newcastle 12 months on (0.760)
- Renew Newcastle on Stateline NSW Video (0.580)
- Renew Australia and The Crunch (0.580)
- US Visit March 2012: The "I won a free trip" tour! (0.580)
- Renewing the new? Early reflections from Docklands Spaces (0.580)