I’m basically just posting this here so i can link to it from this discussion over at Larvatus Prodeo. But it’s a reminder though that I’m involved in many debates and discussions about arts funding and policy priorities in Australia at the moment (most recently here and here) and too easily forget that most people don’t have much an idea of what i’m on about most of the time. Posting this graph from the Australia Council’s 2006/07 annual report provides a bit of context to my critique of current funding priorities.
If you are interest in engaging in any of these issues, the Federal Government is currently developing a National Cultural Policy and is seeking input on it via web forum or formal submission here. Regardless of your views i’d encourage you to engage with the process.
- Where Australia Council funding goes - 09/10 version (1.000)
- Updates from the world of arts policy (0.582)
- Australia Council arts breakdown (0.550)
- Evolution and Creation: Australia's Funding Bodies (Meanjin Essay) (0.513)
- What's so special about Opera? [My Festival of Dangerous Ideas Speech] (0.513)