My comments here about the proposed billion dollar redevelopment of the Sydney Opera House have attracted more than the usual amount of attention as has Ben Eltham’s post about the same subject over at Larvatus Prodeo.
Comments on both sites have come from people who are working or have worked at the Opera House or at companies similar to those that are resident there. Their comments include legitimate criticism of the current state of the building and at times make a strong argument that the Opera House needs work. But they also confirm my growing frustration that there are effectively two separate art worlds with radically diverging expectations and realities.
- A billion lost opportunities? (0.773)
- The problem of scale (0.637)
- What's so special about Opera? [My Festival of Dangerous Ideas Speech] (0.591)
- Lonely Planet: Newcastle one of the hottest cities in the world!? (0.591)
- Broken Newcastle Map (0.500)