Renew Newcastle, the project i have been working on to create cheap space for artists and community groups and bring life back to the Newcastle CBD has officially been virtually launched. Well, it now has a web site at www.renewnewcastle.org.
Meanwhile, if you are artist or community group, check out the call for proposals:
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Renew Newcastle calling for proposals for projects in empty shops RIGHT NOW.
At this stage, we are seeking expressions of interest that outline:
* Who you are
* What you would like to do
* What type of space you would like to access (for example a shopfront, an office building etc)
* What support you would need
* When you would be available to start
* Whether you need a fixed term tenancy or whether you would be happy to access a building on a rolling basis (30 days at a time)
* Samples of your work or the kind of work you propose to undertake (links to web sites are preferred)
Ideally submissions should be no more than 2 A4 pages plus support material.
Please read the Renew Newcastle FAQ section thoroughly before submitting a proposal. http://www.renewnewcastle.org/faqs
Projects will be shortlisted by Renew Newcastle and a short list will be presented to property owners who will make the final decision about what types of projects they want to have take place in their premises.
Renew Newcastle will be taking submissions on an ongoing basis but expressions of interest should be submitted by SUNDAY 2nd of November to be considered in the first round of submissions.
- Broken Newcastle Map (0.883)
- Cities of Initiative, cities as festivals, hammers and nails (0.640)
- Renew Newcastle update (0.617)
- Renew Newcastle : from rant to reality (0.617)
- Renew Newcastle on Sunday Arts Video (0.617)