I’d resisted posting this for a while because i wasn’t exactly sure how to introduce it.
Part of me was tempted to launch into an elaboration of my theory of why and how Adelaide is the least interesting cultural place in all of Australia. It is. Honest.
Part of me was tempted to elaborate on the highly amusing idea i pitched among a few ideas to ABC TV a few months ago to do a series called “Marcus Westbury’s Classical Re-Education” (or something like that), that would have been very similar to this interview. Should that series does ever get plucked out of the great TV ideas waiting room in the sky, Peter Goers has skyrocketed above my former some time sparring partners GIles Auty and Richard Gill as the person most likely to re-educate me in the first episode.
Part of me was tempted to point out that the ABC publicity department may have pitched this show a little wide of the mark in lining up interviews. Given that this was literally the only interview they organised for the entire series i do wonder. I’m curious about whether anyone called, say, Triple J?
I will resist all of those things. Instead, i think i will simply introduce this piece by saying that I don’t really know anything much about Peter Goers except that we both love Newcastle. Which is good enough for me.
* It is worth pointing out that i really enjoy doing interviews like this one (hence the series idea above) and i like talking to people like Peter. I love a roubust exchange of views. If Peter ever wants to get me back for a regular segment i’m around Maybe there’s a gig for me at classic FM?
- Steal This Film (0.703)
- How to fail and why it's important (Deakin University occasional address) (0.500)
- Culture Shock - New TV Series (0.446)
- Not Quite Art Series 2 tonight: Culture Shock (0.446)
- NQA Shooting and Publicity whoring... (0.418)